Donnerstag, Juli 30, 2009

Twitter: 9 best practice notes to make your first impression stick

It’s awesome, the first thing I’m getting to hear in the morning are tweets. And I mean: REAL stuff, birds tweeting in the middle of the New York city moloch, without any digital enhancements.

But to stay up to date in the digital age of Twitter, you have to stick out of the masses. (If you ask yourself what I’m talking about, read this Getting Started guide to Twitter).

I use Twitter as a notepad for relevant websites I come across, and I like to share my new discoveries with the community. I saw that My Twitter followers often introduce themselves with a short note. Countless crap, trying to sell me everything from Viagra to buildings.

That sucks. Therefore I prepared those “best practices” how you can introduce yourself AND make a first impression that sticks.

9 Best Practice ideas for your Twitter auto responder mail to new followers.
  1. Hi! My Grandma told me a stranger is a just a friend you haven't met yet. Welcome new friend :-).
  2. Thanks for the follow. Guess I should offer you a link to save you gobs of $$$. Nah! Let's just tweet and get to know each other.
  3. Show me that you are alive, tell me about yourself, are you a ... ?
  4. Hi, thank you for following me. I look forward to your updates and try to respond back to all Direct Messages. If you need anything or have any questions regarding xy, just let me know.
  5. If you like some free resources for xy, please check out my blog at http://xyz. I have nothing to sell you, sorry. ;-).
  6. Hi, thanks for the following - may my tweets add value to your life. Tweet me back and leave comments. Stay tuned!
  7. Looking forward to reading your tweets and getting to know you better. I made a 30 second welcome video to thank you in person, check it out at http://www.bubbletweet.com.
  8. Thanks for the follow. I look forward to learning from your expertise and getting to know you. I twitter about ...
  9. Have a twitteriffic day 【ツ】 !
Like it? So ReTwitter it by clicking here. Thanks!

Keine Kommentare: