A friend of a friend is running a little bookstore in Mississippi. Things are not going well, even though the place is a hidden gem. Let's blame the economy, and maybe there are other parts of the business which can be improved. We'll be working on those.
The most important thing right now is to keep the store up and running for the next months, to get enough time for the turnaround. Friends already invested in the business, and I was doing some research to find other options. (Sidenote: If you have a couple hundred or thousand bucks to invest, feel free to drop me a line and I'll be more than happy to connect you with the owner.)
I stumbled across P2P Lending, which spells "People-to-People lending". This sounds fancy, but it is a not so new concept. Actually it's one of the oldest foundations of our society - I would even call it the ancestor of the present fucked up banks.
Basically, one person lends money to another person and get's it back after a certain time with a little interest. In my opinion this upcoming concept has (again) a lot of potential for the future, as it cuts out the middleman (almost) and let people decide where to invest.
I put a list of the sites together, where you can either raise money for your business or lend money to a business owner. Many of them focus on developing countries, where a little investment can make a huge difference in the life of a family.
Have you already done your good deed today? If you don't, it's just a click away.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen